Monday, July 26, 2010

Up In the Air



Anyone who knows me well knows I'm not particularly fond of heights. That being said, I still got a kick out of taking the chair lift up to the town (village?) of Vellau in northern Italy last month. We'd discovered a wonderful restaurant there during our hike two days earlier and just had to return, this time by air. I was brave enough to pull out my camera during the ride, both up and down, and even managed to snap a few pix. Here we're headed back down to the town of Algund. What a view!

2 comments:

ZoeLovesMom said...

That's funny; I am afraid of heights, too. Why did we both move to the mountains? Maybe we're afraid of heights because we grew up in Houston, where the only tall places are buildings.

Carolyn said...

Me too! I can handle gondolas for the most part, but I find I'm getting worse with age.